Category Archives: Announcements
Apple’s iOS 5.1 (build number 9B176) is now available for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4th generation, iPod Touch 3rd generation, the original iPad and iPad 2.
According to release notes
iOS 5.1 includes the following the bug fixes and improvements:
- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad
- Updated AT&T network indicator – Read More….
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
Jailbreakers should not upgrade to iOS 5.1 at this time.
All other iOS 5-enabled devices can download the update, Check Software Update in your Settings app to download.
Download iOS 5.1 IPSW Firmware For ( iPhone / iPod / iPad ):
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPhone 4S
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- iPad 2 CDMA
- iPad 2 GSM
- iPad 2 WiFi
- iPad 3 CDMA
- iPad 3 GSM
- iPad 3 WiFi
Post by PrisoneR
This does NOT work on iOS 5.0!!!
Redsn0w 0.9.10 and Pwnage Tool 5.0.1 were finally released to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 untethered.
For all of you that are still on a tethered jailbreak, no need to restore. Just boot up Cydia and download Corona. Once you have installed it, reboot your device and you are now untethered!
Thank pod2g for working hard on the exploits and tricks to finally give us an iOS 5 untethered jailbreak.
Consumers who had owned a iPhone / iPod Touch with iOS 3.1.3 encounter some issues about downloading applications / software from Apple’s App Store directly from their beloved iPhone / iPod Touch. This kind of problem appeared after an update on December 16, 2011. According to most of the Whited00r forum and other forums, they reported the User Interface for the App Store appears to be in disarranged like images / screenshot are missing, buttons don’t work.
Start from yesterday, some of the whited00r forum users post that they are able to start download applications again from the App Store directly on their iPhone / iPod Touch on iOS 3.1.3. Looks like Apple are giving their best efforts to fix these things up while we are complaining. However, we still not sure this App Store’s problem still exsisting or had been fully recover?
But, since App Store start to works back on iOS 3.1.3 is such a good news to all legacy iPhone / iPod Touch users.
Whited00r Blog Team